Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm in Atlanta now...

Hi dear friends,

I arrived in Atlanta at about 1:00 p.m. It was a very nice flight. It was faster than I had thought it would be. There was a lot of turbulance when landing, but it was fun. I had a great window view and I was enjoying trying to identify the different island on the way to Atlanta. It was beautiful and fun. I was also trying to learn some Japanese words during the trip, but my anxiety didn't allow me to. I had many things in my mind. I was especially thinking of my husband and my little daughter, Emily. She wanted to come with me, and started crying when I left them at the airport. I was pretending to be fine, but my heart was broken into pieces.

I'm staying at a small but comfortable hotel near the airport. It was supposed to have a Wireless Internet connection but it seems not to be working today. After my arrival, it started to rain cats and dogs. It's been a real storm, but the rained stopped a little, stilll thunders are around but everything seems to be calmed now.

I'm counting the hours to meet Nelba and Jen tomorrow. It's going to be exciting to travel together. Nevertheless, I'm a little sad because Erika's flight was cancelled at the very last minute. I am so dissappointed, but I promised her to prepare a special welcome reception for her on Sunday.

That's all for now. Missing you all. Thanks for all your lovely email messages.

Hugs,
Evelyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.