Friday, August 1, 2008

Waiting to go to Tokyo

Hi friends

As you probably already know, I will only arrive in tokyo 24 hours later than I expected. I left my city yesterday at 6pm and flew to São Paulo (the biggest city in Brazil). I had to take another flight from São Paulo to Atlanta and meet Evelyn, Nelba and Jen, but it was canceled due to some problems with the aircraft. Delta staff sent me to a hotel near the airport. I was very upset, but I feel calmer now. I talked to mr Manabe on the phone and I felt relieved to undertand all his instructions to meet the group in Tokyo. Mr Manabe is a very kind Japanese man who is hosting the Latin Webheads in Tokyo. I mean very very very kind!!!

Evelyn, my son also cried at the airport and my heart was broken too. I talked to him on the phone last night and today via skype and he was already smiling and playing. Don't worry too much; kids adapt to different situations faster than adults do.

I am spending the day in São Paulo with some friends from Ilang. It is a company that creates online courses for schools and I have been working with them for a while, so it was a nice opportunity to visit their office.

Well, I can't wait to meet you!

Hugs
Erika Cruvinel

No comments: