Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Penultimate update on Vance's WorldCALL session from Fukuoka


Hi folks, regarding my session tomorrow, details here: http://vancestevens.com/papers/index.html#next
and my preliminary announcement here: http://webheadatwc3.posterous.com/well-try-to-connect-via-wiziq

I'm now in Fukuoka but not yet at the site where the presentation will be.  We spent the day today in workshops at Fukuoka University, where the webheads ladies and I were twittering happily away, but unfortunately this is not where we will be Aug 6, the day of my presentation (tomorrow).

Of course I have asked the conference organizers if there is wireless access? (answer: I think so), is it robust (answer: depends on how well set up they are?) etc.  There is no way really to find out how a convention center has configured for laptops of presenters, esp if the presenters need access to the LAN well before their presentations, without going there and seeing what is up with the network.  And I can't do that till tomorrow.

So tomorrow I will go in as early as possible and start playing with the network.  I'll see what I can get working.  If I can Ustream I might do that, or if I WiZiQ seems ok I might try and record my presentation that way.  I might go with Elluminate (highly reliable) ... checking now it seems fine; last test from UAE on my new laptop there was a network problem. I'll just have to see what works and then announce to the onlne community in which venue the event will be.

Tomorrow Aug 6 I'll send mail to the webheads list and on twitter in advance of the event (or try to, assuming I can connect from the convention center) and I'll let you know what I will do.

In case you're available and want to join us, the event is Aug 6 from 17:25 to 18:10 Tokyo time, or Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 08:15 GMT http://tinyurl.com/6bjk7r;

I'm hoping we'll get something working

--
Vance Stevens
http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

Posted by email from Webheads @ WorldCALL 2008's posterous

No comments: